OBM Project TINA presentation

TINA is a 3D printed mechanical hand moved by a system of rods thanks to the wrist movements.
It is developed to mix mechanical functionality with a beautiful design, accessible to everyone in need, everywhere. Designed by the Polish jewelry designer Justyna Stasiewicz, it is a perfect example of the international collaborations of the OBM community and of the flexibility of its volunteers.

Justyna Stasiewicz comes from Koszalin - a small town in the North of Poland. Jewelry designer and 3D artist, currently she is living and working in Łódź where she is about to complete her PhD studies at the Academy of Fine Arts. At the same time, she teaches students on extramural studies to design jewelry using 3D softwares. She used her experience and creativity helping OBM to create a new design for a 3D printed mechanic hand - and this is how Tina has come to life.

This hand is not a prosthesis, it is intended as a development kit.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode7

OBM TINA GitHub repository: https://github.com/openbiomedical/OBM_TINA

1 Like

Great to publish this first version of TINA project designed by @Justyna_Stasiewicz ! :slight_smile:

Files are open, so anyone can access them and use to improve and adapt TINA to different needs and conditions. So, please, make it a value thanks to your creativity and ideas. If printed and showcased at events, we would be very glad if you would share photos or videos here as on our social network profiles. And obviously, tell us your stories and experiences.

The forum is here to allow you to collaborare in one digital space, making easier problem solving and solutions proposition.
Keep in touch and good work to all! :slight_smile:!!

Hi guys,
To mount Tina, you will need:

• non elastic line fi: 0,4 mm
  • elastic line fi: 1 mm
  • screws 3,5 x 20 mm
  • flat screws 3 x 20 mm
  • pieces of ABS filament to link all phalanges together

Important thing is that Tina version 1.0 still have few things to be fixed up. : )
The main problem is the level of force you have to use to make it move (open and close).

I hope these few advices will help you at start!
Lets make Tina better :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey Justyna, thank you for your awesome model! :heart_eyes:
I’m about to 3D print it, about the “pieces of ABS filament to link all phalanges together” - what size have you tried? Maybe with some caps on both sides to lock them in place?
Also, where does the elastic line go?
Do you use Velcro to secure the gauntlet (the prosthesis) to the limb?

1 Like

HI Justyna, how are you? Happy new year :slight_smile:
Can i ask you some question?
I have some problem to understand the layer and the name, for example if I open the layer called “used layer 01” what are the little circle ?
And how I can adapt it to a different arms ?

thanks a lot for all :slight_smile:

Bye bye from Trento